Summer is starting? Ugh.

When summer starts it means that the quiet days of just me and Thing Three being home are gone. The kids will be home all day and get to go with me wherever I need to go. Shopping with the kids is not on my list of enjoyable things to do. Additionally, Thing One and Two have a hard time getting along lately. Here's an example from this morning:

The kids are in the kitchen eating breakfast and I'm upstairs getting ready for the day when I hear this blood-curdling scream coming from the kitchen. Thing Two is a tad dramatic and extra loud, so you never know if Thing One has just pinched her or if she's lost a limb. The scream sounds the same.

I head downstairs to see what the drama is about this time and Thing One quickly informs me that he didn't do anything. (Clue #1 that he did.) Thing Two is gasping for breath between the sobs to tell me that he pushed her off the stool and she fell. I told her to calm down and Thing One to apologize, which he did.

Then the following conversation takes place...

Thing One: But I didn't do anything though. And she owes me an apology too.
Me: Why does she owe YOU an apology?
Thing One: Because she wasn't holding onto anything when I pushed her.
Me: What?! She owes you an apology because she pushed her when she wasn't holding onto anything? That makes no sense at all.
Thing One: I didn't push her. I just tapped her.
Me: You just said you pushed her.
Thing One: I meant that I just tapped her.
Me: And she fell off the stool because you tapped her?
Thing One: Yes.
Me: And so she owes you an apologize?
Thing One: Geez, mom! We've already gone over this!

This is where I told Thing Two to go finish her breakfast and headed back upstairs to finish getting ready. Clearly we weren't going to see eye to eye on this one.

See why summer sounds so exciting?!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Wait till they are 15 and still acting that way. Not fun. I however am glad school is out. No more carpooling and I can sleep in past 6 am!

Unknown said...

Logic at its best. I love it!

My Darling Family

My Darling Family
I love them oodles and gobs!